Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Easy, Adorable, Organized Storage for Everyone!!

If you need cute, organized storage, this is guaranteed to be it!! I was reading one of my favorite blogs, check it out here, and came across this super cute Love Note Box, check it out here. I realized there are about a million and one items waiting to be stored in a box like this. I have a baby so I instantly started to think about toy storage, the added bonus, it's storage that can easily travel to the park or Grandma's. Honestly, this isn't just for mom's, the possibilities are endless. Here are just a few storage ideas I came up with...
  • Hot Wheels
  • Dinosaurs
  • Blocks
  • Make Up
  • Nail Polish
  • Garden Seeds
  • Hairbows
  • Barbie's
  • Pet toys
  • Recipes
  • Photos
  • If you are a teacher, flash cards, crayons, markers, etc.
Let's make our box!

My box is going to store dress-up jewelry and those darling little play high heels. (My little one isn't quite old enough for all of that stuff so I am going to save it for her.) Here are the supplies you will need. I purchased all of my items at, I'm sure you will be shocked, Hobby Lobby. The main idea is finding scrapbooking paper and embellishments to match your theme. When it comes to scrapbooking paper and stickers the possibilities are as endless as what you will store in your box! I went with a princess theme... because it's dress up! 


To start, rip all your paper. You can save the edges of your paper for the edges of your box for a more finished look. I ended up tearing most of the edges off. I wanted my box to look old. Then just take your Mod Podge glue and glue the paper to the box. I covered my box completely with paper, but this is your box, so cover as much or as little as you want!

After all your pieces are glued down, put the Mod Podge on top of everything. I just covered each side as I moved along. This is what your box should look like after. I rubbed my Distressed Ink along the sides to help achieve the old look I was going for.


Now, the fun part! It's time to embellish your box! I added, princess themed stickers, "pearls", "diamonds", ribbon, roses & used stickers to write "Princess". I covered the ribbon and the word "Princess" in the Mod Podge as well.

Finished! The box looks glossy in this picture because the Mod Podge wasn't quite dry.


Super cute, super easy, super fun!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...