Thursday, April 21, 2011

Beef Taco Skillet

Anyone interested in a SUPER easy, SUPER yummy dinner? Well, then this is what you have been looking for! (I found this recipe in one of the mailers from the grocery store.)

Ingredients:
Pam Cooking Spray
4 corn tortillas (6 inch), torn into bite-size pieces
8 ounces lean ground beef
1 can Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
1/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn
3/4 cup undrained Ranch Style Beans
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
2 tablespoons sliced green onions
Sour cream, optional

Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Place tortilla pieces in skillet. Cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet.



Cook ground beef in skillet until no longer pink; drain. Stir in drained tomatoes, corn and beans. Bring to a boil. Simmer 2 minutes or until hot.


Add tortilla pieces and stir to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Cover. Let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

As a side note: I used can corn instead of frozen (frozen tastes weird to me). Also, don't drain the corn or Rotel all the way to keep it from getting dry. Also, I buy my beef by the pound. So, I just threw it all in there.


 I am definitely working this into my dinner rotation!! It has tons of flavor!! My favorite part, the tortillas pieces!!  The only negative, this dish has a little too much "kick" for a little one! 
 

5 comments:

  1. Ooo, looks delish! Might have to try this one out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am craving me some mexican food pronto!! This would be perfect for my Foodie Friday linky party - stop by this week and link up!

    If you have a sec, feel free to pop over now to enter my GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! I am always looking for simple new recipes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this last night as the filler for our tacos, it was AWESOME & even my picky kids ate it right up!

    Thanks for sharing! :)
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so tasty I featured it on my blog today! I hope that's all right ~ if not, let me know!

    Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...